Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Post!



Countdown: 16 days! :)

I created this blog so I can hopefully update everyone all at once when I am in India. I'll have internet access (supposedly) about once a week. I really don't know how often the internet will be working so no guarantees but I'll try.

My dad and mom (oops!) helped me come up with the name for the blog because I am spending my second semester of my 11th grade in Ladakh, India. In particular the school I will be at is located near Leh, a town that has an altitude of over 11,000 feet! AND its all happening in the year 2011. :)

To the right is a map of India. The little reddish area is Ladahk, located wayyy up north. The region is a high altitude desert, which means although there is snow it doesn't snow or rain very often. There aren't many trees or bushes or anything because water is so scarce. The other picture is of some pretty mountains in the region. I can't wait to take pictures while I'm there! (Photo credit: www.vermontis.org)

I can't believe that after months of waiting I am leaving in less then two weeks! Craziness! I have sososo much to do still. And I have to get ready for midterms which finish just a few days before I leave!

You can check out the program at www.vermontis.org. Or you can go to www.secmol.org to see the school I will be staying at.

4 comments:

  1. Woop woop ... Can't wait to read about your adventures! Good luck, Taylor. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff so far. Hope to stay tuned w/U.
    Would be very interested in flight itinerary.
    Luv Ya !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor,I hope it is all you hoped for! I have a friend that goes to Nepal every year and he loves it! I will follow you until you are home. Blessings,Jean from Maine

    ReplyDelete